Research Informatics Core
Sharon DiMauro, BA, MS
Melissa Chapps, BA, MA
Research Database Manager
The Informatics Core offers REDCap, a secure, web-based application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Using REDCap’s stream-lined process for rapidly developing projects, you may create and design projects using:
- the online method from your web browser using the Online Designer, and/or
- the offline method by constructing a ‘data dictionary’ template file in Microsoft Excel, which can be later uploaded into REDCap.
- An easy-to-use data entry system, with data validation
- The ability to import data from external sources
- Automated exports to the most common statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R, and State)
- Audit trails for tracking data changes exports
- Branching logic, calculations, and answer piping to increase functionality and personalization
- And so much more..
The CRC currently provides double data entry service using REDCap.
Consulting services on REDCap are available to CRC investigators.
Clinical Research Center
263 Farmington Avenue
Farmington, CT 06030-3805