Avery Point Campus
University of Connecticut
Marine Sciences Department
1080 Shennecossett Road
Groton, CT 06340
SmartChem Nutrient Analyzer
Analyzes nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, phosphate, silicate, chloride, silica, sulfate and sulfides, alkalinity and others EPA protocols.
Fisons Elemental Analyzer
Measures amount of carbon: inorganic and organic, as well as total nitrogen from the same injection.
Hitachi U-3010 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
Waters High Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- Separation, detection and quantification of components in a solution
- PSPs, pigments, amino acids, and most non-corosive compounds providing researcher use the correct column and solvent system
- The department provides the instrument, but researcher provide the solvents, column and parts. HPLC is a high volume producer of hazardous wastes; research isresponsible for proper collection and pick-up.
CHN Particle Analyzer
- Micro and macro determination of total nitrogen, carbon, and sulfur present in a wide range of organic and inorganic compounds
- Under supervision of Dam Lab, but kept in room 167 to share with others.
Cell Flow Cytometer
- Muffling ovens
- Drying oven
- Ultrasonic water bath
- MilliQ water system